ThunderStruck Nets Clash Royale Title
British mobile gamer Liam ‘ThunderStruck’ McCarron defeated Austrian YYYY in a Clash Royale thriller to triumph at the Red Bull M.E.O. by ESL World Finals in Dortmund, Germany. Here is all you need to know:
– ThunderStruck, who clinched a spot on one of the world’s biggest esports teams Fnatic with victory at The EE Mobile Series in January, defeated Dead00 3-2 in the UK final at the Red Bull Gaming Sphere in London last December to book his spot alongside 35 other global Brawl Stars and Clash Royale mobile players.
– The competition was fierce at the Warsteiner Music Hall from February 1-3 with the single-player Clash Royale event culminating in a duel between Scotland’s ThunderStruck and YYYY across a best-of-seven format.
– ThunderStruck raced into a 3:0 lead with YYYY fighting back brilliantly to level 3:3 as ThunderStruck went on to hold his nerve for a thrilling overtime title win.
– McCarron said: “I am in shock right now. Thank you all for this great experience and I am so proud that I could represent my country here in such a successful way. It was a stunning event, which I will not forget that fast.”
– In the 3v3 format Brawl Stars event, Team Consty from Brazil wowed the esports audience by wrapping up the title with an easy 3-0 victory over Team Ash (USA).[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”16″ exclusions=”1767″ display=”basic_thumbnail” show_slideshow_link=”1″]